thegirlsclub Forum Indexthegirlsclub
This is a forum for women fighters in the SCA and similar clubs. Mentors, supporters, etc. too.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Interesting Tournament styles?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henri
Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Interesting Tournament styles? Reply with quote

Upcoming in the Eastern Kingdom is Orchard Wars (also known as the Pennsic pity party). My friend Marcus is arranging the fights, and was looking around for some different style tournaments from other kingdoms that might be fun to try- sort of experiment with them on the small scale before a big event like GNE.

So, what are some tournament styles that you have enjoyed? What don't you like? Ever run across anything really strange/interesting?
rauokinn
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ran a team tourney -- rapier/ armored at an event in An tir and it was super fun. Each rapier/ heavy was randomly paired up (got to meet new people!) and each round was best two out of three -- 1st round heavy -- rapier-heavy, 2nd round rapier heavy rapier, switching off round by round, standard double elim or round robin works. It was a fun way to get the two fighting communities to come together.
Henri
Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, that is cool! We have a pretty decent amount of rapier fighters too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thegirlsclub Forum Index -> Off Topic Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: