thegirlsclub Forum Indexthegirlsclub
This is a forum for women fighters in the SCA and similar clubs. Mentors, supporters, etc. too.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Gday from Australia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annie2200
New Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Gday from Australia Reply with quote

Hi all
My name is Annie, I'm 22 and I've been interested in medieval times since I was young but only joined my Dark Age Reenactment group 4 years ago, and have been fighting alongside the boys for 3 of those years. I met my partner through reenactment and think his knowledge of all things shiny really help.

I like to think I'm a 10thC Viking, however it looks as if I am leaning towards 11thC Italo-Norman!! I am in training for learning to joust. My weapon of choice is a Seax accompanied by a round shield (bigger than a buckler but smaller than something you would use in a shield wall). I have an obsession with chain maille and leather.

I am the Secretary for my group, The New England Medieval Arts Society, so involved in the administration as well as the cooking, crafting, firetwirling.

At the end of this year I'll graduate from University as a Registered Nurse.
Cunian
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Annie. You sound like one busy Viking/Italo-Norman!
LadyLia
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thegirlsclub Forum Index -> Say hello! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: