Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:06 pm Post subject: How to post pics
In order to post pictures in threads on this forum, you should follow these steps.
1) have the picture you want to post on your computer someplace. It must be in jpg jpeg png gif bmp tif tiff or swf, and less than one and a half megabytes.
2) use a free photo hosting site that allows direct linking. I use Imageshack. The rest of these instructions assume you are using it too, because that is the only one I know how to use. I am not actually very good at this stuff, so I will be posting a photo here as a demonstration, and documenting the steps as I go along.
3) Select your photo. The front page from image shack has a "browse" button. This button allows you to find the photo on your machine without remembering the file path. Find the pic, click on it and you are returned to the imageshack home page (actually the pop up menu disappears).
4) Resize the photo. Please resize the picture Posting pics larger than 640x480 can make threads really hard to read.
5) host the photo. Click on the "host it" button. You have to wait for a minute while the pic is uploaded from your computer, and then you have another page, showing a thumbnail of your picture, and a bunch of cut and paste items that can be inserted directly as links.
6)select how you want the photo to be displayed. If you want to use a thumbnail (which I recommend) then highlight all the text inside one of the boxes labled "Thumbnail for forums", go to "edit" (at the top left side of your browser window) and, in the drop down menu, select "copy". If you want to hotlink the picture (which I am doing on this example) then highlight and copy the text in the "hotlinks for forums" window.
7) Post the picture. Open The Girls Club, write your thread text, and (at the spot you want the picture" go to "edit" on your browser window again, and in the drop down menu, select "paste".
It's really simple. Here's the pic I used as a training wheel. (new pic on Monday)
Last edited by freiman the minstrel on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
I had to change the pic. I have seen that bouncing around the web for a while, and I used it as my "training wheel pic". I have since learned that it is was drawn by Grace Vibbert, who's work is on display on the web page of the SCA group in Cleveland, Ohio. I have removed it until I get permission to display it here. I kind of like it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum