thegirlsclub Forum Indexthegirlsclub
This is a forum for women fighters in the SCA and similar clubs. Mentors, supporters, etc. too.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Duke Paul at Pennsic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesmond
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Duke Paul at Pennsic Reply with quote

His Grace posted to the AA:

At Pennsic 2008, during the second week, in addition to my two regular classes, I will be teaching a number of one-hour individual classes.

These classes can be for one person (bring a training partner), or small groups. Arrangements can be made for larger groups and longer classes.

I will teach anything from unarmored technique for various weapons, to personal critiques of your fighting.

I will start making my schedule in the next few weeks. If you wish to schedule a class, send an e-mail to me at paul@bellatrix.org. Choices of available times will be in order of the receipt of the letters.

So who is going to Pennsic and interested in taking a class with me? I guarantee you my cheerful incompetance will increase your confidence.
Cunian
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to jump on this because I want Jess to know she has a training partner, (and I think this is an incredible opportunity). But if anyone else wants to do this, I really think you should, and I can probably be persuaded to let you do this instead of me since I live in an area Duke Paul gets to every couple years as well as being pretty near Pennsic.
Jesmond
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunian, Thanks!

I was thinking maybe some of you ladies that might benefit from a class but would be intimidated by a solo experience would be willing to go with me. His grace has indicated a willingness for small groups, so maybe 6 or 8 of us could go together?

Of course if there is interest, he says larger groups can be accommodated too.

I'm kind of surprised there is not more interest. Maybe just no one is going to Pennsic this year?
ratslayer
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would jump on it if I was going. I did it last year and I've also had two other classes from him. He's a great instructor and I always come away feeling a little more confident in my fighting. Fortunately he's going to be in Artemisia in November so I'll get to jump in on a class with him at that time.

Kelwin
freiman the minstrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all about it, but I am so vocal and "It's about me" that I think it would be best if I went to the classes, and let TheGirlsClub have a session without me.

f
paulb
New Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentles,

I am now making up my teaching schedule for Pennsic 2008. There are still many class times available.

If you are interested, send me an e-mail.

(I haven't posted enough on this site to be able to include my link. Phonetically, it is: paul at bellatrix dot org).

Regards,

Paul
freiman the minstrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulb wrote:
Gentles,

I am now making up my teaching schedule for Pennsic 2008. There are still many class times available.

If you are interested, send me an e-mail.

(I haven't posted enough on this site to be able to include my link. Phonetically, it is: paul at bellatrix dot org).

Regards,

Paul

Your Grace, I am assuming that you wanted to post the link. I am sorry about the five posts thing. I can't turn that off on the software that we are using.

Paul@Bellatrix.org

f
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thegirlsclub Forum Index -> Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: