thegirlsclub Forum Indexthegirlsclub
This is a forum for women fighters in the SCA and similar clubs. Mentors, supporters, etc. too.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Fire loss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cunian
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Fire loss Reply with quote

From a Facebook posting:

Boosting the signal: Sir Trude Lacklandia and Baron Wulfric Strongbow have lost their home and everything in the Monument Fire. Waiting to hear on four other SCA families in the area. Gift cards, money, etc., can be sent to them c/o Daryl Mallett, 14244 S. Via Horma, Sahuarita, AZ 85629. More information to follow as available.

History tidbit Smile--Sir Trude was the first female knighted in the SCA in 1977 Smile
Isabella E
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get any more info from the grapevine I'll pass it along.
Amaris
Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Armour Archive Website:
Posted on the Aten List:
to all and sundry,
The cat, now boarded at the vet's, and I have survived, the house didn't,
total loss per the sheriff's dept. Sam/Baron Wulfric as many know was safe and working in Yuma. I meet with the catastrophe adjuster on Mon. I really don't have much else, Larry Greene's place was in a mandatory evacuation zone so I am now at Heather and Deans with Larry ... we just keep moving the party and participant's. it looks like they're starting to get it under control lots of stories but it was started by someone crossing the border and purposely setting them there are pictures on the cameras along the border area... will keep all informed as things settle out a bit more. Sam and I are better off than many, we have 2 houses full of furniture, dishes, linens etc in storage- his grandmother's and my mom's so when we get the new house built we'll at least have some stuff for it. Thank all for your prayers and love you send this way.
for SCA people it looks like we (the Barony) have only lost 1 or 2 homes the rest got save but to quote Tom Petty"we're livin' like a refugee" love to all

Joke for the week- a weatherman said the ground was HYDROPHOBIC after the fire (it's hydroscopic,) the ground repels water its not afraid of it! That brings p the question if its hydrophobic does that mean that firefighter's and residents need rabies shots?

sorry love to all Trude

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-
"WOW!! What a Ride!"
Isabella E
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a number of SCA families that have lost their homes, I'm just waiting to see more info from Zippy. I think they are going to be posting relief info once they figure out who needs what.
broinnfinn
Senior Club Member

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabella E wrote:
There's a number of SCA families that have lost their homes, I'm just waiting to see more info from Zippy. I think they are going to be posting relief info once they figure out who needs what.

PLEASE let us know when you here where to send things. I know Gleann Abhann is more than willing to send their share.

Bri.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    thegirlsclub Forum Index -> Off Topic Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: