Yasmin & Yaz Survivors Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register                  Calendar
Yasmin & Yaz Survivors Forum IndexYasmin & Yaz Survivors
a place for women to share experiences with Yasmin and Yaz birth control pills, especially their side effects
NEWS:
 low sex drive View next topic
View previous topic
krusty

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello again girls. Anyone out there suffer from low sex drive after Yasmin? If so, how long did it take to be off it until you noticed it coming back?

I have had virtually no sex drive in over 2 years, I have been off yasmin for over 6 months now.

I guess I am looking for some hope that it will come back with time, but right now I am feeling hopeless that I will never feel like having sex again.

thnaks for the help, Krusty
Pink Strawberry

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Krusty,

I was quite the opporsite, When i was on yasmin i had no sex drive at all, but since ive stopped taking it (5-6 weeks now) without sounding too crude i cant get enough.

Is it because you just dont want it, or you never think about it or you think its a good idea but when it actually comes to it your put off??

in some instances i would just give in and do it, even though i wasnt in the right mindframe, but im not sure if this actually help cos after i always thought 'oh that was quite good actually' and because of that ive kind of found my libido again.

Emily xox
MeaganJ

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

krusty:
Like you, I am six/seven months off, so hopefully I can help.

I find that it's up and down with me. When I first came off of the Yasmin, my sex drive went through the roof. I think it's because testosterone, which was supressed the whole time I was on Yasmin, finally came back and therefore so did the sex drive.

Now I notice that I'm still much more lubricated than I ever was on Yasmin, but my sex drive has dissipated a bit. Now it's up and down, like I said.

I think it's normal for us to have it go up and down, and maybe we're just experiencing a low point because our hormones are still trying to regulate. That's what I think is going on here.

I hope this helps and keep us updated. I send lots of luck and hugs!

Love, luck, and hugs:
Meagan

Age: 27; On Yasmin for total of 5 years; Side Effects: Acid Reflux, Facial Numbness, TMJ, Migraine Headaches, Allergies, Weepiness, Anxiety, Mild Depressive Tendencies, Numbness in Hands/Fingers, Vision Changes, Sleep Disturbances, etc.
hazel

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with you. I have never had much of a sex drive, though. I didn't feel that it declined when I started Yasmin many years ago, but my boyfriend thinks that it may have gotten even slightly lower in the months I've been off. I would love to have a sex drive, but I don't know if I ever will have much of one, since it wasn't there pre-pill.

Age 24 - on Yasmin/Ocella for 4 years - symptoms include significant hair loss; elevated blood pressures, triglycerides, and cholesterol; dizziness and disorientation, vision disturbances, difficulty breathing, panic and anxiety.
twistersister

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi krusty, i've been off the pill for almost 2 months now and had been waiting anxiously for my libido to return and lubrication to improve. thing is though, sometimes i feel that my brain/body has gotten so used to not feeling up to sex that it's gotten lazy and just blocked out that (very important!) aspect of life.

so this is what i've been trying out - it could be that we need to slowly re-introduce sex to our daily lives. talk to your partner about it beforehand, it doesn't need to be full penetrative sex the first few times. maybe spend a few days or weeks flirting with your partner, thinking sexual thoughts, touching and kissing each other, but with no pressure to have full sex. it's kinda like re-training your body to be sexual, starting with your brain.

it may be difficult on your partner to do a little start/stop initially, but i think it will pay off. the most important thing is - don't give up hope!
lula

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,

I took yasmin for 4 months and just got off of it 3 months ago. I've always had a really high sex drive. But a small amount of time in Yasmin and I lost mine completely and couldn't get wet (I used to be a fountain) and I could barely even give myself an orgasm muchless my partner giving me one. Since I've been off Yasmin, I've had hardly any sex drive. What little sex drive I have comes and goes in unpredictable spurts from day to day or stretching thinly from week to week. I've mostly been able to get wet again and orgasms come a little easier. But the spotty and mostly absent sex drive is really depressing. When my sex drive is the lowest, I'm the moodiest and bitchiest. It's pretty terrible. I don't feel like myself. But I'm keeping my hopes up that I'll get back to normal eventually. I think a good dose of positive mind/body energy is helpful when nothing else is!

To note, I have been on thyroid medication since I was about 17 (I'm 34 now). I had my thyoid levels checked recently and all but one level was 'normal'. The abnormal one was within the "normal" range, but very different from my pre-Yasmin reading.
MDiggs

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didnt notice at first that I had completely lost my sex drive...We are busy trying to move and have a lot going on...I was on Yaz for 8 months and really didnt think about it until my husband started to complain and even then, I chalked it up to being tired (prob also caused by Yaz)...This is only day 2 of being off the pill for me, but I am hoping it doesnt take too long...my poor husband feels lonely!!

Thank goodness for this site! Smile
MeaganJ

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MDiggs:

I'm glad that this site is helping you and I hope it continues to! Very Happy

Regarding the loss of sex drive, as I stated on the other thread about acne, the loss of sex drive can also be attributed to the supression of testosterone while on Yasmin/Yaz. Both Yasmin and Yaz completely supress testosterone (meaning it stops your body from naturally making it). Testosterone is responsible for all sorts of things, but especially for libido. So that explains the loss of sex drive for so many of us. The tiredness is also something that Yasmin and Yaz caused for many of us. The fatigue could be caused by deficiency in B-Vitamins, dehydration (since Yasmin and Yaz also contain a diuretic) or any number of things. But it's certainly something we've all experienced.

I hope this helps explain what you've experienced! I wish you lots of luck coming off of Yaz, and remember, we're all here to help.

Love, luck, and hugs:
Meagan

Age: 27; On Yasmin for total of 5 years; Side Effects: Acid Reflux, Facial Numbness, TMJ, Migraine Headaches, Allergies, Weepiness, Anxiety, Mild Depressive Tendencies, Numbness in Hands/Fingers, Vision Changes, Sleep Disturbances, etc.
Mommy2ThreeGirls

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After I realized losing my libido and sex drive was one of the many side effects I never chalked up to my birth control.....unfortunately for me I got pregnant right away and so I still don't have much sex drive AT ALL. Anybody else experience pregnancy after yasmin with no sex drive? I'm hoping that in the months aftedr the baby it slowly returns. Is there a chance it could be gone forever?
dee8701

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey,

I have been on yasmin for 2 years and had no sex drive and painful sex all that time, been off yasmin 2 weeks and my sex drive is getting better by the day and sex no longer hurts atall x
Andrea15

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So after reading all this I'm starting to wonder if maybe Yasmin is the reason my sex drive has depleted. I honestly thought maybe it was just cause I've been ill, or that something else was wrong with me.... Good to know this might be the problem. Along with the pains in my gall bladder region. Hmmm.... I'll be changing my prescription as soon as I can!
Jaylynn

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is BRUTAL-I lterally have had no desire for sex now for over 2 years or more-ive been off the yasmin for 8 months and still nothing. Lucky my bf is patient but I'm not.. ;-(
MissCleawater

:

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When i first came off I was all : "NOW GIMME SEX!"
But now i am so uninterested. I've been off for about 8months. Hopefully I get my mojo back soon!!
SilviaDewyze

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

depends if male or female. if male, perhaps the m**tur**t stimilus has become more effective than with partner. next time you r with a parner, blindfold and then speak about what to do to pleasure you. your partner blindfilded will appe to sensation of touch and that might help you figure out your sexual rhythm. also, try being the blindfolded one and offer partner pleasures. thus could also turn you on to explore other things.
JellyBean

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to have a very high sex drive, but I've been on Yasmin for six months now and I have zero drive. My boyfriend is very aware of it and we are seriously considering going off Yasmin. What do you use instead? Can anyone recommend a pill that doesn't affect your sex drive?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic